I got my shot last week for the swine flu, I only had to wait in line for about thirty minutes (they were moving fast) which was a lot shorter than what I expected. I couldn't get there before my NST and I was so nervous they would be out already. It was weird being there with all the kids getting their shots, I haven't had a flu shot since I was a kid. It totally gave me flashbacks to tantrums, crying, begging, pleading....all of the above really. There was a couple with what looked to be a six year old getting her shot and they totally had to restrain her. She was fighting like crazy and screaming. There was another couple waiting in front of me with a little one year old who was starting to get fussy because of all the other kids freaking out. It was hilarious.
I'm glad I got my shot because everyone seems to be in a panic over the swine flu and I have to admit....it's starting to get to me. My doctors office has notes posted everywhere saying that patients are no longer allowed to bring their kids with them and at the hospital, you can only bring one person with you to NSTs and Ultrasounds (that one person being totally healthy of course). It got me thinking and now I'm worried that Jordan will be the only person allowed in delivery with me. We had planned on having both Brynn and my mom there and thanks to all this swine flu crap....I don't know if that will happen. I'll be great as long as my Jordan is there with me, I just really wanted to share the experience with the two other people I love most in this world.
I'm also nervous because I don't know if they'll be allowing visitors. Which is probably for the best, I don't want my Tobi exposed to anything before he even gets home, I'll just feel bad if we have family members that come from further away to see him just to find out they can't. It makes me scared for the whole winter season really. A month ago I was confident that I could take Tobi out with me a little as he gets bigger....but now I'm scared to leave the house at all and he's not even here yet! I'm nervous for the holidays and I don't want to be cooped up inside, but I can't risk the health of my sweet baby either. We'll just have to see how it goes I guess.
1 comment:
No need to worry things will work out, and we can all see Tobi in due time. It's best to keep him safe :)
Post a Comment