Monday, January 31, 2011

My Jordan

I've sent in my 2009 blog book and am currently working on 2010 and do you know what I've realized?

First, I blog about Tobi a LOT.
Second, I would not have Tobi were it not for my fabulous husband Jordan.

So I would like to share a bit about my Jordan. Last year was a tough one for us. We don't really like the same music, and we don't really like the same movies. Jordan is a gamer, and I'm....well, I'm a busy body I guess. I do love my shows though. Starting out 2011, Jordan and I both decided we should make more of an effort to find things we can share with each other. There are a few games that I enjoy, and I've learned that it is so much more fun playing them with Jordan. Being the fantastic gamer that he is, we can always get through all the hard levels that I normally wouldn't even try by myself. He is so patient with me, especially considering how many times I've made him die, or screwed up his jumps, or gamed us over with some crazy move that never would have worked and we both know it. We've also started watching more shows together too. Last year we watched the first season of The Walking Dead together and we LOVED it. We couldn't wait to see the next episode every time a new one came on. Well, I think it sparked a fire because now we watch V, Winter Wipeout, Arrested Development, and several other shows together.
We've also decided to be chubby buddies (finally!) and we have been going to the gym together everyday on Jordan's days off. At first it was hard and we missed a couple days, but now we look forward to it every morning. Tobi LOVES running the indoor track with us and gets several grins and giggles from fellow runners by squealing as we run by. We've also started doing the grocery list together so that we can help each other to eat healthier and watch our portion sizes. Obviously doing all these things together has really brought us closer. We have a lot more patience with each other and our communication has been a lot better. I'm very excited that this year will be number four for us and I'm so happy to have started the year off so well.

No comments: