Wednesday, June 17, 2009

17 week appointment

I saw the doctor again on Monday this week.  We didn't get an ultrasound but we did finally get to hear the heartbeat and it was AMAZING!  Jordan laughs at me because I'm always scared that we're going to get to the doctor's office and something freaky will happen...like the baby just won't be there anymore.  I have all these silly fears and worries and I know they're unrealistic but I can't help it lol.  We scheduled our next appointment in July which....drumroll please....is the BIG ONE.  I'm so excited I can barely stand it.  I feel like we've been waiting forever to find out what we're having and now that I'm on the last stretch...it's totally exhilarating.  We haven't bought any bedding or decor for our nursery yet because we want it to be gender specific.  I'm not doing any of this gender neutral crap.  This baby is special and deserves to have a room decked out in it's honor.  I have so many plans and I'm so excited.  I love it when Jordan takes me to the baby stores to look at stuff.
We went to Burlington yesterday so I could show him a chair that I want.  It's almost $400 so I don't know if it will work out, but it's at the end of my list since I already have a glider that my dad bought me.  I'm actually so grateful to my mom and dad, they've already bought ALL of my baby furniture and I can't tell you what a relief it is to take those items off our list of needs.  It's so great to have loving parents that can help.  They're both so excited to be grandparents.
Anyway...we're at Burlington and they totally had the swing that I want.  It was nice for Jordan to actually see it and examine it for himself.  Up until then we'd only seen it online.  It's the Gracco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center.  It's a pretty cool swing.  I already have my travel system picked out, it's made by Babytrend.  Jordan wanted to look at a few others and found a couple that he liked but the pros of my Babytrend selection won out.  I really don't think we'll find something better because the one I've picked is AMAZING.  
We've started to plan baby showers a little bit more.  I know it's early but it's better to have it figured out now than to be running around like a bunch of crazies in September because we totally dropped the ball.  I LOVE baby showers!  They've always been my favorite and when it comes to shopping for gifts....baby gifts have always been my greatest love.  I'm excited that I finally get to go to a shower that's for me.  I love the games and I love sharing that time with family members that love and care about you.  
I have one small dilemma right now, which I actually figured out but here it is....I wanted to send out really cute announcements to let people know what we're having, but when we find out we're gonna be so excited and we're just going to want to call everybody.  Plus, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to want to wait for something in the mail when we can just tell them.  So I'm thinking I'll send out announcements when the baby is born, complete with pics and stats.
I think that will work better.  I figure it's easier to even just visit family since they live so close, and tell them in person.  
Sure glad I don't live someplace like....I dunno....Logan.  It's nice to be close to family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out!! :)