Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Salt Lake City...magical wonderland?

I had the craziest dream last night and it left me feeling so weird when I woke up this morning, I thought I would document it....on my blog. This is for everyone's enjoyment and I hope not their judgement (I've had some pretty weird dreams in my day) and I'd also like to note that I did not take my Unisom last night. I was sleeping drug free!

It started in Provo and my family was getting ready for a trip to Salt Lake for a concert. I decided to go along so I wouldn't be alone. We arrived in the city and parked the car in some random lot and decided we would walk to our destination. Well, as we're walking through town, we notice that there is a huge celebration going on. There are stands everywhere selling food, there are men on stilts, lots of toy stores and game shops...it was almost like a circus. We seperate and I meet up with Jordan, I'm totally thrilled because I didn't know he was going to be there. He's all decked out in this really nice tux and his hair is all wavy and perfect...totally dreamy right? He has this gorgeous dress for me and tells me to put it on or we're gonna be late. I pop into a clothing store to use their changing room and the next thing I know, my hair is perfect, my make up is stunning, and my dress is to die for.

I take Jordan's hand and we continue to walk into the heart of Salt Lake. We pass a few streets and before long, we can hear music and laughter. We come around a corner and there's a freaking parade! I lean in to Jordan and tell him, "Wow, we came just in time for a huge celebration. I wonder what the occasion is?" He just shrugs his shoulders, clearly he doesn't know or care. Then this little old lady laughs and says to me, "This is Salt Lake dear, we have parade's every weekend."

Really? I thought Salt Lake was this big dangerous city and turns out...it's a total magical wonderland. I couldn't believe it was like that every weekend, but I don't question it because it's so real. I'm just impressed and I tell Jordan, "I want to live here."

We arrive at this huge building that is totally white and almost sacred looking. We walk inside and it's all red carpet and soft music. Everyone else is dressed as if they're going to a ball. We walk into a huge banquet room where there are hundreds of people seated around a massive fireplace. Jordan and I take our seats and wait for the show to begin.

It turns out we're there to witness a demon execution. And nobody thinks this is weird, we're in the heart of SLC and apparantly demon executions are pretty common. Everyone is pretty somber and waiting patiently to perform their duty as witness. After visiting and chatting with those seated around us, the lights in the room go down indicating they're about to start. The flames in the giant fireplace leap almost to the cealing and the Judge steps out. He was an angel but he was not pretty....more terrifying actually. He looked like the egyptian god Ra and had flames leaping all over his body. He was huge! There was a massive desk set just in front of the fireplace and that's where he took his seat.

There was a loud commotion down the hall and we knew they were bringing the demons in. We could see them through the wall and they were even more terrifying than the Judge. Some of them had animal legs and pumpkin heads and red glowing eyes. They were fierce and we knew they meant business. They had no place in this magical city and we were there to send them to hell.

They were almost in the room with us, being ushered one at a time when one broke loose and started to tear down the walls. The whole building shook and Jordan grabbed my hand really hard and said, "We have to get out of here, now." I was terrified and so confused. But then I realized we weren't there to be witnesses at all, we were there to be sacrifices. We were there to die. Jordan and I bolted from the room, opposite from where the demons were fighting to get in. We couldn't go downstairs and out the front because all the exits were blocked by soldiers. We ran to the nearest window and jumped down onto a lower landing, where we were then able to jump to the ground.

Jordan wouldn't let go of my hand and nearly dragged me through the streets we were running so hard. The city was no longer colorful and joyous, it was all dark and black and looked like a wasteland. We hit a neighborhood of homes and we knew there was a demon on our tails. Jodran was frantic. He said if we could find one home willing to let us in, we'd be safe. We finally found one with the lights still on and we knocked anxiously on their door. A woman opened the door and cheerfully invited us in. They were celebrating a birthday and there was balloons and cake. We walked inside and watched her close the door, still terrified.

A few moments later there was a knock and we watched in horror as she let the demon inside. He was so big and so menacing, I cowered where I stood....too scared to move at all. I could hear Jordan behind me saying, "Don't look at him. Just look at me and think about how much you love me." So I stared at him, even though I could feel the demon leaning over me...ready to take me...I didn't look away from Jordan's handsome face. And then it was over. The demon was gone and I knew we had survived because of our love for each other.

At his point my alarm goes off and I wake up thinking....what the crap?! I had been squeezing my fists so hard both my hands were totally numb. Jordan woke up and asked me if I was okay, I just told him I had a scary dream and started to get ready for work.

Pretty creepy huh?

No comments: