My family has this cat named Cooper that we got from Taraleigh years ago. We absolutely love him, he's a total crack up. He has so much attitude and personality. As much as we love him, we always cringe when the weather warms up and summer enters its reign. That's when hunting season starts.....for the cat. We're a little surprised that he can still hunt so well because he doesn't have claws on his front two feet. It doesn't seem to hamper him at all. We've had all kinds of horror stories over the years. He likes to bring his victims inside the house so he can show off his mad hunting skills. Sometimes the poor critters are dead....but more often, they're not.
We've spent hours on more than one occasion, trying to catch live birds and get them out of the house...Cooper watching proudly the whole time. We've gone through innumerable amounts of screams and squeals trying to get live snakes out of the house....and don't even get me started on mice. Here's a little info on his latest catch.....
Jordan and I are in our bedroom and he's getting ready for work. I close the door so he can change and then we end up laying on the bed chatting about our week. All of a sudden, there's a huge crash outside the door. I give Jordan my, "What the heck?!" look and we both just kind of laugh it off. We figured it was one of the dogs or the cats jumping around in the other room, most days it's like a circus at our house.
We keep talking and in the meantime, there's a whole ruckus of noise going on. Finally I tell Jordan he better open the door and check it out. Lo and behold it's Cooper, sitting patiently at our door.....with a dead, mangled quail laying against the door.
I freaked.
Jordan is searching the room for something he can use to pick up the dead bird, because if we don't take it away quick it just gets harder to catch the dang cat. He grabs and old dishcloth that he can throw away after and hauls it out. I come walking out of the room and there are feathers EVERYWHERE. He was out there banging the poor thing against the walls trying to get it into our room! Jordan had to come down with the shop vac and clean up all the feathers before I totally lost my cookies.
Cooper spent the rest of the day pissed at us for taking away his prize. Boo.....hoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment