Saturday, May 23, 2009

Egg Roll Night

About a week ago Sean and Brynn invited us to their place for a night of games and homemade egg rolls. We were so excited because love spending time with them and their two beautiful kids and it's nice to get out of the house and spend time with other people. We agreed to come and were told to not bring anything this time, it was Sean and Brynn's treat. So Wednesday came and we were so excited. We left the house that morning to run some errands and pay some bills. I took Jordan to Yamato's in Orem for lunch. He'd never been there and it's one of those Japanese places with fantastic sushi. I was so excited that my doctor cleared me to eat sushi just two days before, so we figured we'd celebrate....with some sushi! It was fantastic and Jordan loved it. He said it's his new favorite place to get sushi. We came home and sat around until 3:00 o'clock at which point I called Brynn to see if we could come early.....we were bored out of our minds! She laughed and told us to come right over. After a stop at Borders for a new book and several detours thanks to some nasty traffic accidents, we finally made it to Sean and Brynn's.

Noah and Ellie were excited to see us and Noah was totally ready for games. Sean wasn't there yet so Brynn and I decided we'd kill some time and go get drinks. We left Jordan with the kids and took a drive to the gas station. Before we left, Noah made sure to give us his own special request. He asked Brynn for an icee because, and I quote..."Icee's are good for kids". We both had a good laugh, he's such a funny kid. We came back with everyone's drinks and Sean was home so they got the egg rolls started. I was nervous, because lately I've been craving Chinese food like crazy....I just don't do well with egg rolls. However, I do know that Sean and Brynn are fantastic cooks so these egg rolls had to be tasty.

They were more than tasty......they were AMAZING!!! Best egg rolls I've ever had in my life! I totally ate four of them and I felt like a total piggy, but I couldn't help it. Sean did an amazing job and we hope that we can learn to cook them just as well. I'd love to share them with my family, they were so yummy.

After dinner, we let the boys play games while the ladies went to Roberts for some crafty fun. Ellie was looking totally hot in her tutu, bunny ears, and superwoman cape and we had a nice time looking for cute things at Roberts. Usually I end up going with Jordan, bless his heart, but it's just not his element. It was so fun to go with Brynn who has such a good eye for super cute stuff and it was even better to get her feedback on the stickers I wanted.

We got back in time for Brynn to put the kids to bed and then we spent another few hours talking and laughing over funny stories. It was really great. We get to spend a lot of time with Brynn and we adore her. It was great to be able to spend time with Sean, I know it meant a lot to Jordan. It's so great for me to see him growing closer to his brothers, especially after all the family stuff that's happened this year. My family is great but it's not the same for him. I'm so glad that he can spend time not just with Jayson, but with Tyler and Sean as well. It's very important to us to keep those ties strong, not just in times of stress and drama but also when things get quiet and easy....that's when it's most important.

Thanks Sean and Brynn for a fantastic dinner and an evening of light hearted fun, we needed it!

1 comment:

Brynn said...

k so I'm totally thinking we should do that like once a month, wouldn't that be fun??? we could switch off or go out if we have the money. then leave the boys and go to roberts!!! what do you think?? We love having you guys over and the kids just can't seem to get enough of the fun with their uncle and aunt.

We love you.