As many of you know, and for those who may not know....I had my sweet baby boy on Friday, November 6th. He weighed 7lbs and 15oz, and measured at 181/2" long. I delivered via c-section which was scary but also very fun. We went in friday for my amnio and there wasn't enough fluid, so they went straight to induction. My body wasn't ready to have a baby and they gave me the choice of trying to go through a labor that could very well go through 36 hours, or I could have a c-section. We were worried about the fluid so Jordan and I decided it would be safer to go ahead with the c-section.
They let me eat breakfast that morning so we had to wait eight hours before doing the c-section which put me at 5:00pm and I was admitted around noon. Brynn and I relaxed while they did my IV and took my vitals, then when Jordan got there we watched You've Got Mail while we were waiting for 5:00 to arrive. 5:00 on the dot they came and took me back into their freezing cold OR. I had to curl in a ball on the table so they could inject my spinal and I had to hold very still which was hard. I was shaking all over my body from fear and cold. Once the spinal was in they helped me lay down and started putting up the curtain so I couldn't see. They gave me an oxygen mask to help me breath and then Jordan was brought in. I felt the pressure when they took Tobi out but other than that it was super quick and totally painless. I didn't have to do any work at all lol. Jordan went with Tobi down to the nursery while the doctors finished sewing me back up. I waited in recovery for an hour, where they told me Tobi had been moved to the NICU and hooked up to a c-pap machine to help strengthen his lungs. I was released on Monday night and Tuesday morning I was able to take my baby home. Walking out of that hospital monday night without my baby is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
Being in the hospital and coming home to recover from my c-section made me so much more grateful for my fabulous husband. There is absolutely NO way I could have done it without him. He has been so helpful and so patient in dealing with my very crazy hormones. I couldn't have picked a better man to spend my life with and I'm so proud to have a baby boy that looks just like him. I love my husband so much and I'm so glad I made it through my pregnancy and delivery without serious complications. P.S....my blood sugar and Tobi's blood sugar are both stable and totally fine...HUGE relief.
The first day and night that we had Tobi was probably both the easiest and the hardest. It was easy because Tobi slept the whole day and night, waking up to eat and have his diaper changed. It was the hardest because Jordan and I both were terrified to fall asleep without someone watching him. I slept for about an hour total that night. The next night was a little harder because Tobi was a little bit fussier and being new parents, we didn't quite know how to handle it. Don't worry...we survived. Thursday I had to take Tobi to the hospital to have his biliruben checked. It was higher than desired and bilibed lights were delivered to our home within the hour. He did okay on the lights thursday night but friday night he was starting to be a lot fussier and I was exhausted to the point of tears. Luckily, we live with Grandma and Grandpa and they were happy to take over so that I could sleep and the rest of this weekend has gone by much easier. We went through two more biliruben checks and it looks like he's down to the low risk area and today should be the last day dealing with them (the doctor will touch base with us on that tomorrow).
It's very weird thinking of myself as a mom now and each day I become more confident and more comfortable with Tobi. I no longer jump at every little noise he makes and I'm comfortable sleeping now when he sleeps. He's already growing fast and changing in his looks, it's so crazy! It makes me want to take lots and lots of pics every day so that we don't miss anything. Especially Jordan, since he has to work and I don't. I want to make sure that Jordan is involved with EVERYTHING. He's such a proud papa and I can tell that he adores Tobi. He's so good about changing him and feeding him and he likes to sit and hold him before bedtime. It's good bonding time. It's crazy because I knew that I would love this little guy no matter what, but it's shocking how deep that love runs. There are no words. I look at him sometimes and I want to cry because I'm so completely happy. I'm so excited to watch him grow and read him stories. I'm excited to get to know his personality and see how that changes over time. He's already so spoiled and loved living at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm just glad that my family can see him and hold him now that he's out of the NICU. It was hard not being able to share him with the people I love most in my life right away, but the wait has definitely been worth it.
2 comments:
oh how I love my sweet Tobi!!! You are amazing and wonderful and so is Jordan! We sure do love you guys and are so excited for you! You are a natural at this whole mommy thing :)
love you.
I'm so glad you're all doing well and that you get to get rid of those icky lights! Can't wait to meet the little one!
Post a Comment