Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tobi's Big Boy Bed

The time has come for Tobi to graduate from his crib, and move into his "big boy" bed.  We thought about it for a while and decided to put him straight into a twin (we didn't think a toddler bed would be worth it, it's such a small transition).  My dad found one on KSL so I snagged it.  Originally it was a nasty bright red color, just painful, so I re-painted it to look a lot better.  I totally fudged the footboard when I painted it, I'm really not super patient...obviously...but!  Stay tuned to find out how I fix it, I'm pretty excited about my plan B!  Also, the bed did not come with a headboard, but RC Willey gave us a free one for a Queen that I'm going to alter, also very excited about that.  I painted his bed on Labor Day and picked up a mattress, thank goodness for Labor Day sales!  And later in the week my dad brought it over so we could set it up for him.

He was so excited about his new bed and slept just fine the first night we put him in it.  The cute little guy has been putting himself to bed.  Seriously, no joke.  When bedtime hits, we'll ask him if he's tired and ready to go to bed.  He'll usually say, "Ya" and then heads back to his room and climbs into bed...so cute!  He's been doing that for a while now and would get upset if we didn't follow right away to lift him into his crib, that's why we felt he was ready for his "big boy" bed and we are so proud of him!


Congratulations bubbers!  We love you!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Thanks for the invite. He is so cute. I love the stories about him. Hope we can see all of you soon--Plan a trip! :)