Monday, September 28, 2009

32 weeks!

I am now 32 weeks and getting more and more excited as each day passes. I have to admit, I'm crazy exhausted and slightly regretting my decision to go to school, but I'm managing. I still have to prick my finger seven times a day to check blood sugar and I'm taking insulin shots at every meal to manage the gestational diabetes. I don't know how many of you saw the news the other night, but there was this lady that gave birth to a 19 pound baby! She had diabetes, I'm assuming it wasn't managed because the doctors at the hospital are very confident that I can still have an average sized baby. They're watching me VERY closely. I've been meeting with a dietician once a week to check my blood sugar numbers and I'll continue to do that right up until the end of my pregnancy. This week I'm also starting my Non Stress Tests which will be done twice a week from here on out, and my doctor's office has started me on my weekly appointments already. CRAZY! And somehow I still make it to all my classes and finish my homework on time. I don't quite know yet how I'm doing it so I'll have to get back to everyone on that.

I'm doing pretty good, I can't believe that September is pretty much over! I feel like I missed it completely, where did it go? I just have to get through October and when November hits, I'm going to be a total wreck! We're having my maternity pictures taken in October so I'm very excited about that, Chelsea does amazing photos and I'm so grateful that she's agreed to do my pictures. We get to paint our nursery next week....FINALLY! I'm so so excited for that and I'll be posting pictures as soon as it's put together. It's going to be adorable!

No comments: