Friday, September 4, 2009

The Leavitt Baby Shower

Both pregnant couples with the hostess and SIL, Brynn
All of Rachel and Tobi's gifts :D

Best. Game. Ever. We had to dress the baby with our hands tied and we laughed the whole time!

The game and food table under the tent, everything was put together so nice! Brynn did an amazing job.
Last weekend we got to attend the first of my two baby showers. It was thrown by my SIL Brynn and ended up being a double shower since my other SIL, Kelly, is also pregnant. Brynn opted to go with a family shower which I thought was a great idea, why not give the dad's a little recognition too eh? We had brunch after everyone arrived and the food was great! Tanya brought a pizza quiche that was super yummy (and low carb so I could totally eat it!) and then we had muffins, bagels, fruit and a yummy homemade fruit dip of Brynn's.
We played some really fun games (my favorite thing about showers), one of which is pictured above. Both pregnant couples had their hands tied and had to dress a baby...simple right? NO! Jordan and I started and totally had the diaper on backwards (our only experience with diapers so far are doggie diapers, which are applied backward, in our defense) so we had to hurry and switch it. Then we had pants, a t-shirt and little shoes. We did pretty good until we got to the t-shirt and we couldn't get both his arms in right away. The end result? His pants hung down to his knees with his diaper hanging out and one of his arms totally looked broken or dislocated, plus one of his shoes fell off. I don't think I've laughed that hard my whole pregnancy!
After the games we opened gifts and I have to say...Tobi is spoiled! We got lots of super cute outfits and blankets, scrapbook paper, toys....all kinds of super cool stuff. The family spoiled us and we are SO grateful. It was fun too because Jordan and I are having a boy, and Tyler and Kelly are having a girl, so there was quite the assortment of gifts.
After the shower, Grandma Bourne took Kelly and me to Babies R Us (we had some money from the shower that we wanted to use) and I found several more super cute baby outfits that were on sale for way good prices!
Thank you so much for the shower Brynn, and thank you's to the family as well for such a great turnout. We love you all!



2 comments:

Brynn said...

You are very welcome and I'm so glad you got so many nice things! Thanks for always being so supportive and fantastic, LOVE you &Jordan lots and can't wait to meet my sweet nephew Tobi!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so excited for you, tell Tobi to hurry up! (just not too early, of course)