This last weekend I got to go to St. George for the very first time! Brynn invited me to go down with her and the kids and stay a couple days with her grandparents. She picked me up friday morning and we hit the road after delivering a few baby shower invites to the fam. We stopped in Cedar City for some lunch. We'd both been craving Panda Express so we called Sean to find out where it was. Sadly, it didn't really hit the spot for either one of us the way we'd hoped and poor Noah ended up spilling his milk all down his front and we had to change his clothes. After that, Ellie's diaper leaked right before we hit St. George and she needed a change of clothes too, lol. We had to do some laundry when we got there so that the kids would have clean clothes the whole weekend. It was a pretty good drive and went by really fast, I was surprised out how good the kids were on the way up. Just a little bit of the usual crankiness after being in the car for three hours, they were both troopers. It's so fun for me to spend time with Brynn AND the kids because I get to see how she handles stuff and I feel like I get a really good example from her. I think I'm definitely a lot more nervous to have a little toddler than I am to have a baby....as long as you meet a baby's basic needs, they seem happy. Toddlers though....it's a completely different playground lol.
We relaxed the first day we were there and had some yummy lasagna for dinner. We took a really nice walk to a park a few blocks down the street and let the kids play for a little while. Noah showed how strong he is and how he's able to climb the equipment all on his own. He's so tough. I couldn't believe how hot it was out there! We walked back to the house and visited a while longer before going to bed. Brynn's grandparents were so sweet the whole time we were there. They were so welcoming and so nice, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.
The next day we had a yummy scrambled egg dish for breakfast and Sara came over to shop the outlets with us. So Sara, Jordynn, Brynn, me and the kids went down to the shopping center for some fun. We stopped in Downeast so I could get some new maternity shirts and then we took the kids to a pretty cool toy store to pick out some toys. We went to Oshkosh where Brynn got some really cute shirts for the kids and then we went to Urban Wear where Brynn found a super cute polka dot shirt and I found a really cute new wallet. We drove back to the house to relax a little before dinner.
We had some yummy steaks and then we played Scattergories with Sara and Jordynn. I wasn't very good at it but I still had a lot of fun. We said our goodbyes Sunday morning and started the drive home, which always seems to go by a little quicker. We could tell the kiddos were ready to be home and we made it without totally loosing our crackers, lol. Overall it was a really good trip, nice and relaxing and exactly what I needed. Brynn's grandparents were absolutely wonderful people. They had us laughing the whole weekend and I'm so glad that I was able to go.
Thank you so much Brynn, you've been amazing through my pregnancy and I couldn't ask for a better friend.
1 comment:
Im so glad you could come with me, you were such a big help with the kids too!!! It was great fun and we definitely need to do it again, maybe just us two??? Loves.
Post a Comment