
Jordan and I both had a bit of a rough night last night. First of all...we didn't get to bed until well after one in the morning. I was trying to finish a guava cake that I promised a few people at work and was feeling very sick. Plus! My feet were swollen beyond recognition. I'm telling you...they did not look like my feet at all. So I finish my cake right before deciding that if my feet were still swollen in the morning, I would not be going in to work. We played a few Mario Kart races online, Jordan is trying to get gold status with the Wii Wheel....very hard! Then finally I called it a night and went to bed.
I woke up around five in the morning to the sound of thunder and flashes of lightning, but it wasn't quite raining yet. Jordan started to wake up a little and my feet still hurt so I asked him if he would mind taking Jessa out to go potty before it started raining (the little fart won't go outside if it means she'll be getting wet). He let out a big sigh but picked her up anyway to haul her outside. A few minutes later he comes running back in the room and closes the door behind him. He wasn't gone long so I asked him if she was quick about her business this time....
"No, well...I didn't even put her down. We almost died just now...hang on....I need to calm down." He sits down on the bed next to me.
"What happened?"
"Well I took her out the back door and I could hear this growling noise. At first I just thought it was the dogs or the cats duking it out so I started walking out to the grass. Then! Four big shapes came out from under the barbecue and came right at me!!"
You should see his face at this point...he was so freaked out. He then tells me he put on his most ferocious grizzly bear growl and lifted his arms high to be intimidating...causing the critters to scatter. So he grabs Jessa and runs in the house as fast as he can. He finishes telling me what happened and we're both quiet for a few minutes....then I just start laughing and then he starts laughing and we're both talking about how hilarious it is that a bunch of raccoons just scared the tar out of him.
Once he was calm he took Jessa out to the FRONT yard, pretty confident that the raccoon gang wars hadn't reached that part of our territory.
HILARIOUS!!
2 comments:
LOVE it!!! That's hilarious, lucky he didn't pee his pants!!!
I believe my exact wording to Steph asking me if she pottied was that I nearly pottied in my pants!
Imagine walking out at 5:30AM, hearing ferocious animal noises then suddenly see 4 shapes moving around you. Scared the friggin' pants off me! Plus they sounded kinda rabid. Not sure if Toby would like a Dad with Rabies :D
Plus I was barefoot! Look at those chompers!
Post a Comment