Friday, July 31, 2009

Cravings

I've had several people ask me lately about pregnancy cravings, just wondering if I've craved anything fun or bizarre. It got me thinking that I should probably record what I have been craving while I can still remember. So far I haven't craved anything outrageous but I have experienced some cravings that definitely hamper my day if they don't get satisfied. I've broken them up into my first and second trimester so far. My first trimester I didn't crave as much because I was so sick, but I still had a few...

First Trimester Cravings:
  • Movie Theater popcorn
  • Smoothies
  • Salad with ranch dressing
  • Tomatoes
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Fried chicken from a deli
  • French fries

Second Trimester Cravings:

  • Pickles and cheese
  • Steak
  • McDonald's Big Mac
  • Watermelon
  • Arby's Turkey Bacon & Ranch Marketfresh Sandwich
  • Crab salad and croissants
  • Grandma C's macaroni salad
  • BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers
  • Potato chips
  • Salted peanuts
  • Apples with caramel dip
  • Yogurt
  • Chuck-A-Rama (probably my weirdest)
  • French toast
  • Chocolate milk

I think that's about it for cravings so far. It seems like I ate nothing but fruits and vegetables my first trimester because they were the only foods that stayed true to flavor. A lot of my meals had to be homecooked, I couldn't handle anything processed or microwaveable. I still struggle with processed foods actually.

I'd also like to announce that I am over my aversion to eggs! My dad had fried eggs for dinner the other night and as I walked by I thought...wow those look good. So the next day I decided to give it a try and it was great! I'm so relieved because I really really love fried eggs.

No comments: