I had my 'BIG' ultrasound on Monday this week and it was so much fun! I was so excited that I didn't sleep well Sunday night, even after taking my nightly half of Unisom and had crazy dreams about it. Monday I woke up early and waited so patiently for Jordan to wake up. I watched some TV, played some games....anything to make the time go by faster. This was worse than waiting for Christmas morning! Finally Jordan woke up...but we still had a couple hours to go.
We played Super Mario Brothers 3 to pass some more time and I totally kicked his butt! It was great. We haven't played games like that together in a while, so it was really nice and as far as passing the time....it totally worked! Before I knew it, it was finally time to go. We drove to American Fork (that's where my Doctor's office is) and got there at the same time as my parents...pretty good huh? I checked in and waited for my name to be called.
I hadn't actually been to the A.F. office yet, all my visits so far have been in Orem but because they use a different ultrasound machine on this visit, I had to go to A.F. After a really short wait....WOOHOO....they called me back. They took my blood pressure as usual and said it was kind of high. My doctor just kind of smiled and asked me if I was excited. I told him I was so they decided to take it again after just to make sure. The ultrasound room was so much cooler than the one I usually go to. They had the machine but hooked up to the equipment was a totally cool big screen t.v. that totally took up a whole wall! It was great!!! I got to see my baby in style this time.
He started the ultrasound by looking at my baby's brain to make sure that everything looked good there. The ultrasound was in 3D which was AWESOME! He would apply just a tiny bit more pressure and instead of looking at the roundness of the top of my baby's head...we were looking at the brain...and you could see everything! It was perfect. My doctor was really funny and told us that the brain was almost fully developed which was a sign of it being a girl, because boy's brains don't develop until they hit fifteen or sixteen. It was funny. Then he noticed that the hands were up by the face and told us that was another sign of it being a girl because boys hands are usually playing with something else. He was a funny guy. He wasn't my normal doctor, he was another one who works in the same office, but he was pretty cool.
He then moved on to show us that it was a boy and pointed out all his 'goods' so that we knew. Plus he took about six pictures for us, which was also awesome, I love pictures. We got to see everything on our baby, from his fingers and toes to his stomach and kidneys...it was crazy! But everything was healthy and developing very well so that really put me at ease. I worry a lot about the health of my little guy. They took my blood pressure afterwards and it was normal. I had to laugh though because they have to do another ultrasound next time to look at his heart some more. They said it looked great but they couldn't get all the views they wanted because he was moving around like CRAZY! It made me laugh and I'm so happy to be getting another ultrasound for sure next time, then I'll get to see him four weeks bigger!
After the ultrasound we got to visit with Sean and Brynn (they just live down the street from the office) and tell them the good news. Brynn was so suprised because she totally had our baby pegged for a girl. It made me laugh, I love Brynn and her endless amounts of enthusiasm. She said she had pulled out Ellie's old clothes and everything and now she had to put them back and pull out Noah's. But she was still very excited. Noah made us the cutest little pink and blue cupcakes to celebrate the news, it was a really nice visit. Not to mention that Noah is king at guessing baby genders....he's been the right the whole time and he never changed his guess. What a smart little dude.
I sent out lots of texts and many phone calls to let everyone know that we were having a little boy. I spent all day at work yesterday telling everybody and talking about how excited we are. It's so nice to know what we can look at now and actually start buying things. We've finally decided how we're going to do our nursery and I'm SO SO excited. It's going to be super cute and I'll post pictures when it's done!
So I guess I'll wrap this up now and just let everyone know one more time....
IT"S A BOY!!!!!
1 comment:
YEA for little boys!!! We are so excited to have a nephew!
Post a Comment