My mom hosted my second baby shower this month and it was so fun! She planned some really great games and we had family come that I hadn't seen in quite a while, it was so nice. I had class that morning so I wasn't able to help her set up but when I got there it looked FaBuLoUs! Turns out Chace was the mastermind behind the decorating (I think he actually did my reception too now that I think about it) and it turned out great. I told him he was hired. He will be doing my party decorating for all future events.....forever. He's such a chill kid, not only did he help set up but he stayed and took all the pictures for us too. If that doesn't make him a man I don't know what does, lol. He's the greatest!
We had some yummy muffins and yogurt with fruit and just kind of visited while everyone showed up. I got to see my Aunt Lisa who I haven't seen in a very long time, along with Aunt Carol, Gail, DeAnne, Pam, Becky, Shanny (and her newest little girl Lexi, so cute!), Cari and the list goes on. I told my mom that it was so nice to see everyone and there were a few that drove quite a while to get there which really inspired me to try harder when I'm invited to receptions and showers. A lot of times I don't go because I don't have gas or this or that....well I'm totally turning over a new leaf and anxiously awaiting my next invite so I can do better.
We played some fantastic games, one of which required everyone to hold a paper plate on their head and draw a baby in under a minute. This one was my favorite because it was so hilarious. Everyone is drawing their babies while looking at everyone else so as not to feel silly, it was great! After the games we did the gifts, Noah and Cooper were great little helpers, and Tobi got a lot of really great stuff. We have some more super cute outfits, a totally awesome diaper bag full of goodies, diapers, toys, blankets....I just can't wait for this baby boy to get here and meet these family members that already care so much. I also got a gift certificate for LuluBelle Photography, good for my maternity session and newborn session...so excited for that one!!
It went very well and I'm glad that everyone seemed to have fun. Thank you so much to everyone who came and thank you notes are on their way!
1 comment:
it was so much fun!!! I'm glad me, Chelsea and the kids could come.
Post a Comment