Wednesday, October 3, 2012

No baby this week

Well, we went to the hospital Monday morning for our amnio.  I was super excited but also very nervous.  The nurse we got was great and the doctor that did the procedure was fantastic.  They let me have my zune to listen to in order to distract myself, I was so scared, but when it was go time....I didn't feel anything!  I barely even felt the poke they used to numb the surface of my belly, it was fantastic!  I even got brave enough to watch the monitor while they pulled the needle out when they were done.  Jordan thought the whole process was very cool and I'm glad he enjoyed it, even more glad that I survived it!  From there they took me up to labor and delivery for a NST while we waited for the results.

We didn't wait long at all before the nurse came in to tell us he wasn't ready and we'd have to go home without a baby.  I tried not to cry, but I did anyway.  Even though we knew there was a chance that would happen, it didn't make it suck any less.  Jocelyn took us to breakfast at IHOP to help me feel better, and to get some food in my system since I had to fast and I was starving.

Jordan drove me home where I cried some more, probably off and on for most of the day.  Jocelyn came by with some halloween crafts to help cheer me up and it was a great distraction so I was VERY grateful for that.  She's been so great through all of this and so helpful, I'm glad she was there for me.

I also had a visit from Shannon and Adam which was very nice, we haven't seen them in a while and they brought me a new diaper bag with some goodies in it which also cheered me up.  I'm so grateful for such great friends and hopefully I can make it through the week.  At least now we know we will for sure have a baby by next Monday.

No comments: