Saturday, October 13, 2012

Grayson Archer Leavitt

Our newest little boy is finally here!  We went into the hospital early Monday morning, October 8th, for a scheduled c-section and he was born at 6:57am.  He weighed 9lbs 14 oz (I know right?!) and was 21 inches long.  The c-section went great and it wasn't long at all before I was moved down to the mother baby unit and I got to hold him for the first time...and boy was he heavy!  He had the chunkiest legs and arms but he lost that by the time we brought him home, I'm still a little broken hearted about it. 


He did great though and was perfectly healthy.  I got to keep him in the room with me and then at night I sent him to the nursery so I could sleep.  Jordan had to take care of Tobi so I only had his help the first day and night, after that I was on my own.  My c-section didn't seem to hurt as much as it did when I had Tobi and I think it's because the pain I felt while pregnant was so much worse.  I was up and walking without help Monday night and my recovery since then has been great.  We had my parents and Tobi, Jocelyn, and Shannon with us the morning of the delivery.  Jocelyn took pictures for us and I am SO grateful.  She took some really amazing pictures and I'm so glad that I have those.  Shannon brought Tobi the cutest little gift bag full of special little prizes and treats so that he still felt special.  I am so grateful for such amazing friends!



Grayson has been an AMAZING baby so far.  He's very calm and chill and he's easy to quiet when he's upset.  He is easy to burp and he sleeps for half the night, eating every four hours during the day.  Tobi always had to eat every two hours and it was rough at night.  Grayson is usually awake from 2-4am but then goes back to sleep until about 8 or 9am.  It's so nice!  We love him to pieces and we are so happy to have such cute boys!

No comments: