Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News and a Case of the Sillies!

Today was a really good day. Even though I had to work, today was still a good day. I finally, finally got my school money and the bills are paid! We fixed Jordan's car and it cost us less than two hundred dollars, so that's very exciting. Now all we have to do is find a place to live and right now....I'm feeling pretty darn confident and I've been giggling about everything all day. I don't know what my deal is but I've been just silly. We got our tickets for the Circus today and I can't wait! I'm so excited to go with my way cool sister in law and her ADORABLE kids! Funny story about that though.....we went to the school because the circus is going to be at the McKay Events Center and we thought we'd check to see if we get discounted tickets as students. So we go to Campus Connection (where you would normally buy tickets for events going on at the school) and the kid was like...circus? The circus is coming? LOL! At which point I'm thinking, oh dear. So he gives us the phone and dials over to the events center ticket box office and nobody answers. So we figure we can just walk down there, no big deal. So we walk all the way down there and get to the first floor, which...by the way...smelled like stinky socks and burnt food and there's nobody in the box office but it says they're open. Then we see this kid walk in and start running some kind of cleaning machine that's insanely loud. He looks at us a few times, but doesn't walk over to help us. So I'm starting to get pissed and I'm standing in the hallway yelling about how worthless the school is. So we go into another office and find a lady who tells us she has no idea how much tickets are and that we can come back tomorrow. WHAT! So we leave and I'm fuming at this point. Here's a list of my school problems up until now....

1. Financial aid has no idea what they're doing, huge lack of communication. Every day we find out there's a new form to fill out, they can't just let us know what we need so we can get it all done in one day.
2. Collections has no idea what they're doing, more lack of communication. Every semester I have to go down there and tell them to put my scholarship check towards my tuition (you'd think that would be assumed but it's not) and THEN they give it to the cashier. Otherwise, it just sits down there and collects dust, yeah that's productive.
3. The cashiers don't know anything about anything. Collections tells us they'll cut me a check, then the cashier issues a direct deposit which takes three days longer. ???
4. Campus Connection. You sell tickets! For school events! So shouldn't you know the school events that are going on?
5. The bookstore. They're supposed to have a packet of school events which they know nothing about, and of course campus connection is clueless and guess what....so is student government!

Here is my conclusion. They have students working in all these departments/areas, which is great, but they don't know anything. So I'm putting a suggestion in their suggestion box.....

Know your sh**!

Anyway...there are my feelings about that. We ended up just going to Smith's and buying our circus tickets there. Which I should have done in the first place but oh well. You know what they say about hindsight.

Still....today was a good day.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

PAH Steph you are hilarious! Thanks for getting the tickets I am so excited! I haven't told the kids yet because they will just beg me to go RIGHT NOW!

And yes UVSC or sorry UVU sucks, always has, I have never been happy with their systems apparently they still haven't fixed them since I went there back in 2003! CRAZYness! Hang in there!