Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm having a crappy day....and you're drinking my coke?!

We found an apartment today! Jordan and I were so nervous. We found an apartment in Springville today and knew right away that it was our winner. We had looked at three others and they just didn't feel right. We told the landlord we wanted it and he said we just needed to clear a credit check. So we give him our information and he tells us he'll give us a call in thirty or forty minutes. So we're totally thrilled about it and can't wait to tell everybody. He calls back and tells us we cleared the credit check and everything looks good. So Jordan tells him we'll bring him the check for the deposit. Well...he calls back a couple of minutes later and says that his wife wants him to go ahead and show the apartment to another couple just to keep their options open..............what the heck does that mean? So we're totally taken by surprise, and all of a sudden very depressed because what if they decide to go with the other couple?? So I tell Jordan, it's okay it's okay, we just have to hope that this other couple is totally ghetto and they don't have a chance at OUR apartment. So then we both go all quiet because we're both freaking out at this point. In an effort to distract us from our moping, I suggest we go to the bank and finally change the name on my account from Olson to Leavitt. Yep...still haven't done that.
So we get to the bank and I decide to have them fix another problem I've had for a while now. They show that I have two car loans with them, but it should have been one. So every time I get my credit pulled, people get confused because it shows that Jordan and I currently have loans on three cars and not two. The teller gives me the information I need and then sends me to some old lady to change my name. She starts changing my information in the computer and I mention to Jordan that we have to call another guy to fix the loan problem. So the old lady butts in and starts saying how they can't do that and blah blah blah. I interrupted her at least three times and said, "Yeah, I just need my name changed thanks. I really just need my name changed. Just change my name please." We finally get it done and when we walk out, Jordan just starts laughing his head off. He thinks its hilarious that she had no idea I was being a bitch.
At this point we decide to go to Dairy Queen for lunch and we go to pay for our food and realize my debit card is lost. I start to giggle and I'm like...hmmm...wonder where it is. Jordan starts to laugh because I'm totally unconcerned about it, then asks me where it is. So I tell him that I really don't know and we both kind of laugh harder. We're both so depressed about the apartment situation, we're totally desensitized! The poor girl taking our order starts to laugh because we're so silly, and we sit down to eat our lunch. Before I know it, Jordan starts downing my coke! So I say, "I'm having a crappy day and you're drinking my coke?!" and he says, "I'm having a crappy day and I have no coke." It was too funny, I couldn't say no to that so I let him drink my coke. We walk out enjoying our Dilly Sticks (icecream for those of you with dirty minds) and finally we get a call from the landlord and they've decided to go ahead with us.

......we moped for nothing.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Dilly Stick, HA that's funny, that's what she said??? Anyway Yea on the apartment, super sweet! And I get mad when Sean is drinks my coke too, way out of line buddy!