Sunday, January 25, 2009

When it rains....it pours.

I've always been deathly afraid of cars. I'm not so much afraid of getting into an accident, it's more the fear of breaking down. If I've learned anything in my few short years of driving, it is this....cars will always fail at the worst moments in your life. You know you've hit rock bottom when your car breaks down. At least I do anyway. We bought a Yaris last year and it's wonderful, I've been so careful with it and made sure the maintenance gets done on time and anytime Jordan drives a little crazy with it...I always make sure to reign him in. We also bought a '99 Jetta from my parents last year, in very good condition. Haven't been too worried about either car, things have been great.
Well, it got a little more difficult when Christmas came, when is Christmas ever easy? Seriously. So when the New Year came we were so excited to get our financial aid. Jordan wants a new laptop and I just want to be caught up on bills....and maybe a new flat iron would be nice. So I'm scheduled to pick up my check at the school tomorrow and guess what? THE FREAKING JETTA GOES HAYWIRE ON US! So...goodbye laptop, and goodbye new flat iron (dang!) and hello hella expensive mechanic. I hate cars. I hate '99 Jetta's. They're totally worthless. Right now anyway.
So tomorrow I get to deposit my check and then kiss it goodbye so that we can fix the dang car. I swear this always happens to me when I'm about to get a nice chunk of money. I wonder what will happen when we get our tax return? I'll probably get like...three flats and have to have my car towed for some ridiculously large amount, and then be forced to buy three new tires. Or something like that. I don't want to sound like Celeste here, but sometimes I wonder at times like these if I'm being punished.......then I have a good laugh and shove it off. All I can do is take care of it. That's life, even now I'm laughing at my crappy luck. At least I can look forward to apartment hunting, I'm hoping to get lucky there and I've been watching the ads everyday like crazy. Wish me luck! I think I may need it ha ha.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Ah Steph I hate Jetta's too, we have a really good mechanic if you need one, let me know. And I say buy the new flat iron anyways, you deserve it! Sorry Jordan it's cheaper then a laptop :0)