I struggled for a little while because this party fell at the same time as my nephew's party and because of the way things are between me and my SIL, I made Jan's party the priority. She was really counting on me for pictures too so that helped with my decision. I think in the end, it was more important for me to be comfortable and happy and Jocelyn's family is SO welcoming. It wasn't awkward for me and I really had a lot of fun. I've spent too much time focusing on other people's needs instead of my own and this year, as selfish as it sounds, it's about me. Plus, lucky for me, Tobi isn't quite old enough yet to know he missed a party. He got to play at the park and he still got cake so he's a pretty happy camper.
Jan had a really great time and I've come to be really close with Jocelyn's family. I'm so glad I got to be there and help. Plus, again, Jocelyn did an AMAZING job putting it together. Everything was perfect. I helped her with the tulip brownies and cupcakes and she's a total genius when it comes to desserts. They were so cute and the presentation at the party was beautifully executed.
Happy Birthday Jan!
No comments:
Post a Comment