Oh my goodness...so this thing turned out SUPER cute and I love it...but I'm still debating on whether or not it was worth the work. Now, you're gonna see this and love it too, and you may even want to make one of your own...but let me warn you...this took me FOREVER!!!!! It was a much bigger project than I first anticipated (but then, they usually are ha ha!) and Jordan REALLY wants me to do one for the baby, which I probably will, but not before taking a nice long break from my sewing machine, and possibly my cricut.
Jocelyn and I saw these online ages ago and wanted to make some. By the time we got around to starting them, I felt like maybe Tobi was a little old for one (I might still make him one anyway) and my nephew's birthday was coming up so I figured, what the heck...I'll do it for him. Plus, my SIL went with a book theme so that worked out pretty good. We pretty much just raided our scraps to make them, I love scrap projects! So it was nice to not buy anything new. The process wasn't bad until I got to the stinking letters. The mats I was using with my cricut were new and SUPER sticky, so it was a nightmare getting the heat n' bond off after I cut it. Then it was another nightmare sewing the letters on. I made sure to sew everything down really good, because I didn't want little fingers pulling things off and then choking on them...wouldn't that make me an awful Aunt!
Now that it's done though, I do really like it. It turned out cute but I know I can do a cuter one for Tobi and Baby, so that will be on my to do list this summer. And here are the pictures of the completed fabric book....whew!







No comments:
Post a Comment