After debating for weeks on whether or not I should take him, I finally decided last night that I would take Tobi to the city egg hunt. I was nervous about how many kids would be there and worried that Tobi wouldn't get anything at all, I've heard of that happening and it's so sad. However, having never done it, I thought we'd go ahead and give it a try.
It was a little chilly being so early in the morning, but Tobi was a total trooper and as soon as he saw the field all laid out with eggs and candy, he was so excited. He didn't know what was going on...but he wanted those eggs! They had a late start, which was annoying because several kids (Tobi included) had waited long enough and were starting to cry, but once they finally said go Tobi was out on that field gathering eggs and candy in his bucket. My mom and dad came to help and he had a blast, even offering to share his candy with them when it was all done. He's such a sweet boy!
On our way to the car, we decided to stop by the firetruck (Tobi's favorite) so he could get a good look and the firefighters hopped out and gave him the royal tour! He was SOOO excited and got to sit in the front AND back and boy you could see the joy on his face! I'm so grateful to men like that who don't mind taking a few minutes to really make a kids day. After that, we loaded him in the car and he proceeded to dig through his candy and inspect his eggs.
I had a lot of fun and obviously Tobi had a blast, so in light of this days success I definitely think we will do this again next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment