Saturday, May 1, 2010

Eli's Birthday Shindig





We've had all kinds of birthday fun this weekend! Tonight we went to my Aunt Brenda's house for Eli's birthday shindig. He is two years old and such a cutie! We don't get to see my mom's side of the family too often and I've found that I miss them a lot! It was so fun to go and visit with everybody. Sarah and Lindsay both are having babies this year (so much fun!!) and I'm so excited for both of them. There's nothing that compares with the joy of being a mother. Djadon and Maasen are growing right up and I'm missing it. I remember when they were tiny and now they're.....teenagers.
Crazy!
And Cooper....what a hoot he is! We missed Travis's girls and a few others, but all in all I'd say it was a pretty good turnout. We had yummy BBQ hot dogs and clam dip (my favorite!) and lots of other delicious food. Eli was so cute opening up his gifts. I'm very happy that we were invited and that we got to go. It really makes the important things in life stand out so much clearer. There are so many family members I don't know, or that I'd like to know better. I think that it's the relationships you have in life that really matter. Those close connections within growing families. It's such a joy to share our lives with one another.
Happy Birthday Eli!
We're so happy we got to come to your party!

1 comment:

Brynn said...

you are going to be partied out!
Happy Birthday Eli!