Jordan and I got invited to Kendra's baptism last weekend, she's one of his Aunt Tanya's girls and she is such a cutie. Jordan had to work so I got to take Tobi by myself which was awesome (or just super stressful but I did it anyway). Because we aren't active in the church and those events make me uncomfortable, we just went to the party afterward. It was really hard on me when I first got there because not only did Sean and Brynn make it, but so did Tyler and Kelly which was unexpected. It was a very full house and I ended up awkwardly sitting with the group that doesn't particularly like me right now. I tried to stay positive, even though I wanted to sob, because I was there for Tanya and Kendra. They ended up setting the kids up outside on a blanket in the backyard so that's where Tobi and I relocated and from there it went much better.
I was soon joined by Kelly and Rachel which made me nervous but it went better than I expected. I've been trying to mend things with Kelly and we were able to have some alone time to chat while the kiddos played. Rachel is adorable and I had so much fun spending time with her and letting Tobi play with her. Charlotte was sleeping so I didn't really get to see her, but maybe next time. We got to watch the kids do their gifts, not only was it Kendra's baptism day but it was also her birthday. We brought her a really pretty bouquet of pink flowers to congratulate her on her big day and she seemed to really love them. It was Jordan's idea so I couldn't take too much credit! Aside from one big tantrum, Tobi did pretty good and had a blast with the kids. By the time we said our goodbye's and headed home, I was feeling much better.
Congratulations Kendra and Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment