From there we went to visit Jordan's grandparents. I made them the cutest calendar and I'm a total dunce because I completely forgot to get it printed in time. I was so mad at myself! But I did have another gift for them along with pictures, and our gender announcement which they seemed excited about. Tobi had a blast playing with their toys and just chatting their ears off in general. He's a very talkative little boy right now, it's quite funny.
After that we went to visit Grandma Nedra, where we ran into Sean and Brynn, which was lucky because I had birthday cards for the kiddos. It was awkward as usual, but I'm hoping as more time goes by it will get better. Tobi wasted no time in digging out her toys and making himself at home. It's such a joy for me to see how comfortable he is when he's there.
From there, Jordan took us to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner. It's one of my favorite places to go and it's nice because it's the only place where Tobi seems to eat fairly well. After that, we were running a little short on time so I had to drop Jordan off at home so he could get to work, and then Tobi and I went to visit my grandma by ourselves. She had her back door open and Tobi was thrilled to go outside and play and I could see him from the kitchen so I was able to stay inside and visit. I had to go out every now and then to help him with the slide and swings until my Aunt Brenda got there with her boys who were happy to entertain him. We stayed way later than we probably should have, especially since Tobi didn't nap that day, but Tobi was happy and having a blast and it was nice for me to visit with family. I drove home feeling pretty good.
I got Tobi in his jammies and we laid in his bed together to read his bedtime story. He was running his hand through my hair while I read and totally passed out before I even finished. It made me feel so good spending that time with him, I love bedtime because he gets so excited for me to read to him. Then he tells me "nigh-night" and snuggles into his favorite black blanket. I love him so much and I am so happy that I get to be his mom. Even when there are tough days, I feel so blessed and so grateful.
Happy Mothers day!
No comments:
Post a Comment