Sunday, May 15, 2011

Behold! The Candy Jar!

I've been on a huge kick lately with making AWESOME stuff from crap at the D.I. I LOVE IT!!! Here is my first D.I. project (there will be many more to come if I can ever find the time to finish them!).......

The Candy Jar
Unfortunately, in all my excitement to get the ball rolling, I forgot to take pictures before I painted it...but you get the idea.

The first time I painted it...don't judge me mmmkay....I picked a green that turned out to be MUCH brighter than what I wanted. Seriously, it was burning my eyes.

I HAD to change it. So, to make things quicker, I picked a spray paint this time. Oh my newfound love of spray paint....I won't go into it but lets just say there is another fabulous obsession there. I sprayed my light purple choice over the green, leaving a couple spots where the green showed through because it looked cool (so glad I did that!) and taaa daaa! Perfection.

How did I do it? (For those of you that can't tell by looking) I found a normal cookie type jar, $1.50 from the D.I. and a pretty candlestick, $1.00 also from the D.I., and then I painted them and super glued them together. To jazz it up a bit more, I tied a cute ribbon around the top.

And there you have it, a super cute candy jar to spice up counter space wherever you want!

No comments: