Tuesday night, Tobi and I stayed the night at my parents' house so that we could ride with them to Yellowstone the next morning. We got up early and hit the road as soon as we could. Tobi did AMAZING on the drive up and I am so proud of my little buddy! We were extra prepared with Daddy's ipad and Grandpa's DVD player. Between those and snacks and toys...he was pretty entertained. We arrived in Yellowstone just after two and checked into our room at Best Western. From there we decided to drive into the park and check out a couple areas. There was snow EVERYWHERE, a lot of it as high as six feet deep! However, it wasn't that cold. Guess I'm used to it being from Utah and all ha ha! We bundled Tobi up good and got our first look at some hot springs and geysers.....SO COOL!We also got our first good look at some real live BUFFALO! We had one walk by so close, it brushed the car by Tobi's window, causing him to take a second look with eyes as big as quarters! We also got to see a wolf playing out in the snow, so Grandpa pulled over so we could observe for a bit. Right about this time I was WISHING with my whole heart that I had a better zoom lens on my Canon. Oh well, next year maybe.
When we got back to town, Andrew and Bronwyn treated me to a FABULOUS bbq place called Beartooth BBQ for my birthday. I ordered the pulled beef brisket sandwich with french fries and it was very yummy! And I think that is saying a lot since I really don't care for BBQ. After that we were all pretty tired, especially little Tobi, so we headed back to the hotel to get ready for bed.
I decided not to take the Pack N Play and had Tobi share a bed with me instead. He did pretty good the fist night, only waking up a couple of times and only for a few minutes. However, I learned that my sweet little boy is a TOTAL bed hog! He slept pretty good, I didn't. Oh well.
Here are some fabulous pictures from our FIRST day in YELLOWSTONE Montana!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment