Saturday, June 25, 2011

Success!

My sweet, adorable little boy has started walking! I am so thrilled and relieved and overjoyed and excited and just....happy! I can't even begin to express what a relief it is to see him walk. And he is so happy and so proud of himself. Every time he walks he gets the biggest grin on his little face and then laughs and claps for himself. He knows it's a big accomplishment and we are SO proud of him. I've been wondering for so long what it would be like to see him walk and it just melts my heart. This has been the biggest hurdle in our lives lately and I'm so glad we've been able to get through it. He's still a little unsteady but he is getting braver, and I know once he gets more confidence he's going to be so much happier.

I want to give a HUGE thank you to all our friends and family who have been so supportive and helpful during this struggle. It's so great to see all our loved ones rooting for him and I'm so grateful for their words of encouragement.

And a GREAT BIG thank you to Jocelyn for convincing him to take those first few steps! After that he knew he could do it and he's been walking small distances ever since. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

He did it! Tobi is WALKING!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Yay tobi!! We are so proud of you and knew you could do it! Love you tobers!

Becca said...

Way to go, Tobi. What a huge accomplishment, Steph!!