Thursday, June 23, 2011

Utensil Training

In addition to helping Tobi walk, we have started his utensil training. I like to keep him as clean as I can most of the time so I've put this off a bit, but no more! This morning I decided to let him scoop his yogurt himself using a spoon. He got a bit messy but he loved it, which made it totally worth the clean up. He's actually been learning quite a bit lately. We've been working on commands and giving him choices as often as we can (he's starting to throw some serious tantrums). He's picking up a TON of new words and is a total chatterbox. We saw KOTM last week and were told we are basically working with mind games at this point in getting Tobi to walk. He can do it and we need to trick him into building that confidence (I thought this is what I've been doing but we'll see how it goes). We are still making him fix his feet anytime he sits in a "W" and we try to get him to walk with us holding one hand as often as possible.

Wish us luck!

No comments: