Thursday, January 26, 2012

Maternity Hospital Gown

I found a tutorial a couple weeks ago for a maternity hospital gown and with Shannon about to have her baby, I bookmarked it so we could try it.  Last weekend Shannon and I picked out fabric, and earlier this week we got together with Jocelyn (she is a sewing QUEEN!) and started working on it.  The more it started to come together, the more excited I got!  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out and I totally want one with my next baby.  And even better....Shannon loves it!
Here it is completely finished, I think she looks adorable in it!
It also looks super cute without the ribbon around the top of her belly.
We liked both these ribbons and couldn't choose between the two, so now she can alternate between either one if she wants.
We put decorative stitching (I love my sewing machine!) on the hem of the gown and the sleeves, which really added a lot to the overall look.
And here is the coolest part of this gown...the buttons!  It has snap buttons through the collar and sleeves for easy and modest breastfeeding while in the hospital.  Then it also has snaps down the back of the gown to provide access for the epidural.  Pretty cool eh!

No comments: