Saturday, January 16, 2010

Oops....

So I've had some recent complaints for skipping some important events in December. There were so many that by the time I got to my blog...I was too tired to blog about them all. So here we go with the most important ones.....



Andrew and Bronwyn got engaged!
We are so excited to have Bronwyn enter into our family circle. She is such a fun girl and so great with Andrew, we can all see how happy he is when he is with her. They've set the date for September 18th this year and we can't wait!!




Jordan turned 23...on the 23rd!
We had a nice little party for him at my parents house. We set up his new big screen in the living room and attached the PS3 and Wii so that he could play games. We had Sean, Brynn, Jayson and Allen over and had some pizza and super yummy salad and breadsticks that Sean and Brynn brought from Olive Garden. We did cake and icecream and everyone had a really good time. Happy Birthday honey!

Unfortunately, it turns out I'm an awful wife and I forgot to get a picture of the birthday guy. :(

We survived Christmas of 2009 Since pretty much everyone in my family was poor last year (we still are actually lol) we decided to draw names. I drew my dad's name and we got him a really cool theater style popcorn maker. Jordan drew Andrew's name and we got him an FYE gift card so that he could pick something that he really wanted. My dad got Jordan's name and he too got an FYE gift card (and used that to get some new games) and my mom drew my name. I got a really cool baby book for all of Tobi's "firsts" and a baby sling to carry him around and still have my hands free. I also got a really cool food chopper that we can't wait to use for some fresh salsa...yum! Even though we drew names, my mom and dad still went all out for Tobi. He got more gifts than anyone! He got more onesies, some toys, some little rubber spoons, a very cute musical giraffe, and all kinds of other things. I'm so glad that Grandma and Grandpa Olson love him so much, spoiled little guy!

We went to my Grandma Coates's house for an early dinner and gifts. She gave Tobi a super cute red onsie with a giraffe on it and matching blue pants. And she also gave him some really cute pajammies that say "I love dirt" on them. So cute! She always finds the cutest stuff for him. He sure loves his great Grandma Coates! She gave us a really nice blanket that's super soft, we put it on our recliner so we can get snuggly with Tobi and stay warm. She also gave us some yummy mint cocoa and some lotion from Bath and Body Works. We gave her and my grandpa some pictures of us and Tobi to add to her wall and they really liked them.

All in all, I'd say that everyone had a pretty good holiday. :)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

I really loved that video of Andrew & Bronwyn! So happy for them!

So glad you had a nice Christmas, it is always a lot more fun with kids & it is so great to have parents that spoil the kids :)
love you.

Susan said...

I LOVE your new layout!!!!

PS: Tobi is getting cuter and cuter! How fun!