Sunday, January 3, 2010

A typical day...


Tobi and I are doing so great! Every day gets easier and more fun. He's such a happy baby and I feel so blessed. He goes to bed around 10:30 every night and sleeps until about 2:30-3:00am. We change his diaper, feed him and he goes right back to sleep. Then he's usually up again around 6:00am and then again around 8:00 or 9:00 and then he's awake for the day. He's getting to be much more aware and alert of everything around him. He likes to lay flat on our bed and he'll kick his legs and play. He sits and coo's and makes his cute little noises and he's good as gold. He doesn't nap as good during the day, he likes to take lots of little cat naps instead of a couple really long naps, hopefully that will change when he gets bigger.

He's starting to enjoy his swing a lot more and he hardly ever gets tummy aches anymore. I can't believe how easy he's been these days. He still has rough days where he gets fussy, but they are getting fewer and fewer. It's so nice. He's adorable with Jordan and he grins a lot now. Real grins, not the gassy ones, it's so fun! He's doing better with his baths too. My aunt told us to try getting a hand towel wet and laying it on top of him during his bath....he loves it! He's so calm and he actually enjoys his baths now and so do we.

He's funny when we're changing his diaper, he doesn't scream anymore for one thing. But he does this thing now where he lifts his legs as if to help us out, it's so cute. He adores his Grandma and Grandpa Olson. You can see it on his face when they're around, he's so happy. I love watching them with him. They both adore him and I'm so glad. He's definitely one pampered little boy. My mom is constantly buying things for him. She went with me to Babies R Us the other day, I had to pick up a bottle warmer for us to use at night, and I ended up leaving with a nifty little bath seat, new blankets, a new binkie attachment, and a bunch of bibs all paid for by Grandma. :) Then yesterday she came home with a Graco Pack N Play...which we needed...and Tobi loves it, he does so good in it.

His hair is still crazy and uncontrollable and makes me laugh all the time. He's just so cute and his personality is starting to shine and I love it. Being a mom is great, especially when you have a little boy as good and sweet as mine!

1 comment:

Brynn said...

i love my tobi :) he makes me happy! i am so glad he is sleeping better for you. i loved seeing him smile the other night! oh and i so love his crazy hair, makes me smile everytime i think about it :)