First of all, how cute is he?!
This kid is the joy of my life. I feel like these last two weeks especially have gone so good and each day really gets easier and easier. We've finally found our groove as far as naps go. He's taking two really good (two to three hour) naps every day and he's sleeping about twelve hours through the night. Plus, knock on wood, the last couple of nights he's slept completely through (usually he gets up once around five or six for a bottle) and we're hoping that this pattern will continue. Uninterrupted sleep is something we no longer take for granted around here.
Lets see...what other changes have occurred since graduating from month four?
We are eating solid foods, as posted a few days ago. We've had carrots and green beans so far, neither seems to be a favorite but he doesn't hate them. He really likes to "pet" our faces. Especially when he's laid back, drinking his bottle, he'll reach up and gently stroke your face and just stare. I love it, it's so cute.
He is rolling from his back to his stomach to his back without help. He is laughing more regularly and what's really amusing are the things he finds funny....so random!
He watches cartoons really well, which probably isn't the best thing but it's really nice for me to get a few things done while he sits during quiet time. We're starting to practice sitting up, hopefully when he hits six months he can do so unassisted. He's starting to like the camera and I've been able to get a lot more smiley-happy pictures. What else?.....He LOVES to exercise his little voice. He spends a good deal of his time yelling. I've been calling him my little velociraptor because that's what it makes me think of. He does a lot better now when we have to go out running errands, I'm not so anxious anymore.
And he is SO happy, all the time...he really is the best baby and I'm so happy to have him.
Here's looking forward to month six!
1 comment:
5 months!! I can't believe it! I love my little monkey butt :) He is so happy and cute I just love his yelling and I love his pats on my face, I like to think he is giving his Auntie Brynn hugs :)
Post a Comment