Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hello solids




We had our first spoon feeding this week and it went pretty well. He didn't like the first couple of bites because he didn't understand what we were doing but as soon as he realized we were feeding him...he was good to go! We started with cereal at night and carrots in the afternoon, but since the cereal has to be fairly thin we've switched to carrots in the afternoon and a thicker cereal bottle at night until he gets better at eating from a spoon. He does pretty well with the carrots. His reaction was more of an "eh...I guess this is alright" which was disappointing for me, I totally thought he'd go nuts. We get to try green beans tomorrow so we'll see if he likes those any better. We've decided to have him try all the veggies first and then do the fruits. We don't want him to decide he likes fruits only ha ha.
We've also started giving him the graduates puffs in the strawberry apple flavor and he seems to like those. It makes me wonder what he'll be eating a month from now when he hits six months. It's going to be fun trying all these new foods!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

oh i love first food pictures!! so cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to feed Rachel. I take her to the dr on Monday morning.