Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nine months!






My little man is NINE months old and I have to say that so far, this last month has been the most fun. He is so chill and so happy. He loves people and it's nice to be able to pass him off when I need to and he's totally fine. We're starting to play with toys that are a little more complex and it's such a joy to watch him figure things out. He loves balls and things that open up. He also loves toys that make noise. Especially toys that make noise in response to something he does, not just random noise...if that makes sense. He's starting to sit up in the tub on his own which has allowed him to splash a LOT more and he loves it. He's been blowing some very goofy raspberries, taking his pitch up and down and really playing around with his vocal capabilities. He's a total chatterbox and still loves the sound of his own voice. He's still not crawling and I don't think he will. He mostly rolls and pivots to get himself where he wants to go. He's also entertaining himself a lot better now and he loves story time, especially when it's Daddy that reads to him. He's also learning how to feed himself, which is a total hoot. Most of it ends up stuck to his shirt, but he's figuring it out. He has been trying a lot of new foods which is also very exciting. He still loves icecream and now we can add cheetos, graham crackers, nilla wafers, and watermelon to the list. He still doesn't have teeth up front BUT....he has TWO molars, both on the top which I've heard is pretty crazy. I didn't know this but I guess molars are usually the last to come in or something like that. He's doing VERY good with his sippy cup, which makes me excited because when he hits a year, the bottles are retiring. He's holding his own bottle really well and he really enjoys being out and about running errands. Now that he can sit up really good, he gets to ride in the front of the shopping carts and he really likes that. It's really nice now that he's in his big boy seat too, it's so easy getting him in and out of the car. He's so much fun and Jordan and I both feel so blessed to have him. He makes me laugh everyday and I can't even begin to express how much he means to me.

Happy nine months baby T!

No comments: