Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Recap
I did my post for our anniversary the other night and then later I was thinking I should have put down the details that made it so fun, that way it won't be forgotten. So I am doing a recap. Jordan got off work at noon on Saturday and we packed Tobi up and drove to a park in Lehi to meet Sean and Brynn, who were then going to take Monkey for the night. While at the park we got to FINALLY meet Becca, Mason, Katie, Randy, Paul, Tammy, Alex and many others in the Orgill family. We got to visit with Miriam and Curt (oh how we miss them!) and Tobi got to spend time with them as well. We left Tobi with S&B then headed out to Ikea. After having a yummy lunch in their food court, we searched the store for a comforter that we really wanted for Jordan, and then spent almost FORTY minutes in line waiting to pay because some crazy lady was causing grief for the cashier just ahead of us. After finally paying for our blanket, we stopped for some gas and then headed the wrong way trying to get back on the freeway. Then once we made it to the freeway, we got off in Murray instead of SLC because Jordan got confused and thought it was the exit for SLC. So we turned around...again....and got back on the freeway...again....and then finally arrived in SLC only to get lost trying to find our way to Blue Boutique. Jordan decided we would just park at the Gateway mall and walk, after all...it was only a couple blocks and traffic in SLC is too confusing. Well, turns out it was a lot more than just two blocks and both of us ended up with blisters on our feet (bad shoes)...plus, after making our purchase we both felt a little disappointed and thought Dirty Joes is a lot cooler. We walked back to the mall, my feet aching the whole way, and then both of us had to buy a new pair of shoes to get us through the rest of the night. We shopped the mall for about an hour, I ended up back at Payless for socks and a bandaid after my new shoes started rubbing the skin off my heel....yay, then Jordan and I changed our clothes...in the parking lot (scandalous right?) and then we went to The Roof for dinner. Because of the construction going on, we had to park in an underground lot that, I kid you not, was completely empty. It was more than a little eerie. We enjoyed our dinner though and then headed home to sort of enjoy our night without Tobi. I have to say that going to bed without Tobi in his crib next door was heartbreaking. It was beyond weird not having my baby. Jordan seemed to sleep fine but I was awake almost every two hours, checking my phone to see if Brynn needed me to come and get Tobi. When we woke up we drove to American Fork to see Inception with our friends Jocelyn and Steve. The movie was cool, and it was fun for Jordan and I to go, we don't get to see a lot of movies anymore. Once the movie got out, we booked it to Sean and Brynn's house, so excited to pick up our sweet boy. The rest of the day we spent relaxed at home. All in all, it was probably one of our best anniversary's so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's definitely hard sometimes to leave them! I used to need a break so bad, and right when I would get the break I'd think "I miss my baby!" Someday, they won't be babies anymore!
Post a Comment