Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bedtime

I had such a good night tonight that I couldn't resist sharing with all of you. We've been able to shift Tobi's bedtime from 10:30 every night, to 9:30 every night and he is doing SO good. He usually takes a nap around 7:00 and wakes up with enough time to play for about an hour before it's bedtime.
I went in tonight to get him from his nightly nap and he was so happy. Lately when I pick him up from his crib, he throws his arms around my neck like he's giving me a great big bear hug and I LOVE it. So after getting my usual hug, I laid him on his changing table to get him into his pajammies. His shirt got stuck as I pulled it off his head (I was told today that he has a big noggin') so I took a picture. He was being so cute.
We got him dressed and I fixed him his bedtime bottle. He gets about 7oz now with two tablespoons of rice cereal and he LOVES it. He seriously guzzles his bedtime bottle he loves it so much. When he decided he was done, I got him burped and then I read him his first bedtime story. Usually we sing our bedtime song but tonight I thought I'd start stories.
He laid in my lap, so good and quiet and looked at the pictures as I turned the pages. I rocked him as I read and thought about how lucky I am to have such a sweet little boy. I look at him and it still blows me away to think that he is MINE.
My child...flesh and blood from me and Jordan. He's not just some pet I picked up at a store but my little boy. I still can't believe it. Me? A mom? Crazy! Things have gotten so easy lately, I think I've finally found my groove with him. He's been so much fun and so sweet and he's growing SO fast. I'm just so grateful and happy. I really look forward to bedtime now, not just because he goes to sleep, but because it's so much fun getting him ready for slumberland.
I can't wait to see him when he wakes up in the morning and I look forward to bedtime tomorrow night!

No comments: