Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tobi Lately

Tobi has been so funny lately.  He has got one of the goofiest personalities and I am loving it!  He knows all of his colors and shapes and he is doing so great with Kids on the Move, we are so proud of him!  He says the funniest things, here is a little list of his words that make me giggle...

pockstick -- chapstick
ben -- band aid
got found -- look what I found
tafe a bath-- take a bath
minumins-- vitamins

He is SO attached to his daddy right now, the graveyard shifts have been really hard on us, especially lately.  Tobi won't go to bed anymore unless he can lay in Jordan's spot on our bed, and then I have to move him once he's asleep.  He's also starting to have some separation anxiety problems and we're hoping when Jordan starts his new shift, that will get better.

I've been watching season 2 of Love in the Wild, and Tobi likes to watch it with me, it cracks me up.  He gets all excited about their adventures in the jungle and he watches the entire episode with me every time.  He LOVES going swimming and asks me to go on a daily basis.  Most days he gets his way simply because it wears him it out, which means he takes great naps afterwards.

He loves to help in the kitchen, whether it's mixing things together, cleaning up or preparing different foods.  If there is a way for him to help, I pull out the chair and encourage him to do so.  He also loves to take the garbage out with Jordan when it's full, he tells me about how fun it is whenever Jordan is at work.

He has two best buddies right now, Cody and Kayson, and he loves to play with them.  He's always telling me how fun they are and how he likes to play cars and trains with them.  The potty training isn't going as well and has been put on hold for the most part.  My pregnancy has been difficult, especially lately, and I don't like to stress myself out more than is necessary.

He's been such a joy lately and I am so so grateful I get to stay home with him again.  Some days are hard and my patience runs thin, but for the most part it's wonderful.  It's going to be so great when Jordan is back on a normal shift and off the weekends.  I'd really like to start doing more as a family and I know that Tobi would be thrilled if Jordan could come to parks and swimming with us.  We go often and Tobi loves it, so even when I'm tired I try to muster the energy to go.  We've been to a lot of great parks in the area and a lot of great pools too!  We joined a play group that gets together every Wednesday morning and we love all the fun stuff we get to do with these other moms and their toddlers.

And that's what Tobi's been up to!


No comments: