I have spent a lot of time with my fabulous sister-in-law, Brynn, this last year and I have to say that she is, without a doubt, my kindred spirit. I grew up with two brothers and have never known what it is like to have a sister....until now. I can tell Brynn anything without fear of judgement, jealousy, or bitterness. I can confide in her, look up to her, be crazy with her....our brains are truly on the same wavelength. In getting to know her this last year, I also feel like I've found myself. Especially now that I am a mom. She is the one person (besides my fabulous husband) that I have nothing to fear from. I am allowed to be myself and I am accepted for who I am. I trust her completely and I feel so blessed to have her as an in-law. She has taught me how to be strong and has given me the opportunity to nurture my creativity through her support and endless patience. She taught me how to digital scrapbook, which I love. She's teaching me how to sew again and she's keeping me involved in things other than myself. I love the party planning and the game nights, the Lost premier parties and egg roll nights. I love the coke-runs and our goofy Target obsession. I love being motivated to take more pictures of my family because she has so many wonderful pictures of her own beautiful family. I love Noah and Ellie and their endless antics and I'm so glad that they adore their new cousin Tobi.
She is my sister-in-law, she is my friend, but more than that...she is my SISTER.
2 comments:
ah steph,thank you so much! you know i think of you as a sister :) you just said everything i feel about you too. i hope you know how much you mean to me.
love you.
I'm glad you guys have each other. It makes all the difference in the world to have someone besides your spouse to talk to.
Post a Comment