Saturday, February 6, 2010

Retirement

We have officially retired Tobi's bedtime wedge that he sleeps on, and this is why....

This past week I've initiated a new strategy for Tobi's sleeping schedule. If he wakes up and he's only been asleep for an hour or less, I ignore him until he goes back to sleep. It seems to be working and he's still alive so I'm not too worried about my technique. He's been in the habit of sleeping for about four or five hours straight, and then he's up almost every hour after that...so frustrating!!! Anyway, the other morning he got up at six and ate a 5oz bottle then was awake again forty minutes later....so I ignored him and he went back to sleep after a few minutes. Next thing I know I'm waking up around 9:30 or so and the monitor is quiet. So I figured I'd go ahead and get a few things done before he woke up. Well, after a few minutes I start to hear a really soft cry over the monitor, with pauses in between. Nothing frantic like he usually does. Kind of weird, I thought. So I go into his room to get him and I notice that he's completely kicked his blankets off and he's somehow managed to push himself up enough to high-center himself on his wedge.

That's right. His poor little head had fallen off at the top and he was stuck. He looked so pitiful I couldn't help but laugh, to which he responded with a very pathetic "help me" sort of cry. I felt very bad for him but you just had to see it....it was pretty funny. So I got him out of bed and got him dressed, after which he was as happy as could be. Later that day when I put him down for his nap, he woke up after about twenty minutes and when I went in to get him...he had done it again! No blankets, and his head was hanging off of his wedge.

He no longer sleeps with his wedge.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

oh poor tobi! sad when you have to retire all of the baby things you love! glad you found that wedge though :)