
We've been working with Tobi a lot lately trying to help him be brave when it comes to walking. We'll hold his little hands and help him walk around the apartment and he loves it. Today I showed him that he can also walk with his little train that he got from Grandma and Grandpa Coates and the Swasey's last year. He was nervous at first but once he got going, he got so excited! He's a little stiff and unsure, but he plugs right along and we are SO proud of him. I'm hoping that this will help him to get his balance a little bit better and he'll feel better about standing on his own, and then eventually walking. His range of motion has gotten SO much better these last couple of months and he climbs all over everything. I've noticed that when I hold his hands to help him walk, he really depends on me a lot to keep him upright, but when he walks with his train it's all on him. It was so great to see his face light up today when he walked his train down the hallway and back. And then he did it for Grandpa and Grammy Olson. And then he did it for Daddy. And then he did for Uncle Andrew and Aunt Bronwyn. He got lots of praise and encouragement from all of us and I am so happy that he is so loved.
Way to go buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment